Try this fabulous winter salad full of bright colours. Along with fresh roasted beets and some nutritious nut protein along with mild goat cheese or shaved Asiago cheese, this dish could be served at a nice luncheon or side dish.
This dish also travels well to work or in your backpack for lunch anywhere.
RED BEET, SWEET RED PEPPER AND WATERMELON RADISH SALAD
- 5-6 small to medium-sized organic beets, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 sweet pepper, sliced or chopped
- 1 watermelon radish, sliced or chopped
- 1 small handful of pecans
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- A few handfuls fresh salad greens
- 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 tbsp goat cheese or feta (optional)
Place the beets in a baking dish and roast covered for 35-45 minutes at 350F or until fork tender. Once the beets are cooled, combine them with the cut-up sweet pepper and watermelon radish. Mix in the parsley, drizzle with olive oil and squeeze as much lemon as you want. Lastly, sprinkle pecans and cheese. I put a handful of salad greens into my salad bowl and place the salad on top of it.