This fresh sauce complements steak, chicken, fish and lamb wonderfully. Chimichurri works well as a marinade, and is also delicious on vegetables. Try it on a burger. Your taste buds will thank you!
CUBAN CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- 7 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 1/4 cup packed fresh Cilantro
- 3/4 cup packed fresh Parsley
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp grated lime peel
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Place garlic in a small food processor, cover and chop. Add the cilantro, parsley, pepper flakes and pepper; cover and process until finely chopped.
Add the vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce and lime peel. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
Drizzle over grilled meat before serving.